Saturday, October 13, 2007

Critical factoid of the week

Gravity in the Hudson Bay and surrounding areas is lower than in other parts of the world.

I propose dumping all of the world's landfills there to solve this critical problem. If we don't, I predict that our landfills will continue to get more and more full, which could lead to junk piling up everywhere, which could lead to messy yards, which could lead to a lot of homeowners associations being insensed, which could lead to a lot of assessments against homeowners, which could lead to law suits, which could lead to the lawyers producing more paper work product, which could lead to deforestation, shifting climates, and all sorts of terrible environmental catastrophes.

If you support my proposal, please contact Stephen Harper.

Thank you.

10 comments:

trogonpete said...

the peach prize is yours

First Word said...

Considering the apparent criteria, I think I've earned it!

trogonpete said...

I thought we'd settled this...

First Word said...

Hmm. "What we have here . . ."

Katie Richins said...

Now, what is that line from?

Because last time dad used it, I commented on my likeing of the movie, and he insisted it was a VERY different movie.

So, talking about lyrics, lines are not far removed...

Katie Richins said...

I really know how to spell. Distraction, I tell you. It gets me every time!

trogonpete said...

cool hand luke

trogonpete said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_we%27ve_got_here_is_failure_to_communicate

Katie Richins said...

Yeah, Dad said it was Godfather. I said he'd never seen Godfather, and it was really Cool Hand Luke, like I said.

I think you are probably already assuming that was the end of the conversation, and it was.

So, do you like Cool Hand Luke? I haven't seen it in a decade, but I loved it then.

First Word said...

I didn't know anyone else ever said that except me. But Cool Hand Luke it is. Other than one scene, it was a great movie. I saw it in about 1987.